Open a pull request¶
To open a pull request, it is necessary that the source and the target repositories have at least one commit in common. For more information, see Merging Forks with an Empty Repository.
Once you have finished your work on a fork and want your work merged with the original repository, you need to open a pull request. To open a pull request and send for review, use the following steps:
- On the New Pull Request page, enter the following information:
- The pull request name.
- The pull request description.
- Add the reviewer names in the Pull Request Reviewer field.
- Review the changesets that make up the pull request.
- Select Submit Pull Request.
The pull request can either be merged into the original repository, or it can be declined due to issues during the review process. If issues arise, you can fix them and update the pull request. For more, see Update a pull request.