To use a PostgreSQL database, you should install and configure the database before installing RhodeCode Enterprise. This is because during RhodeCode Enterprise installation you will setup the connection to your PostgreSQL database. To work with PostgreSQL, use the following steps:
- Depending on your operating system, install a PostgreSQL database following the appropriate instructions from the PostgreSQL website.
- Configure the database with a username and password, which you will use with RhodeCode Enterprise.
- Install RhodeCode Enterprise, and during installation select PostgreSQL as your database.
- Enter the following information during the database setup:
- Your network IP Address
- The port number for PostgreSQL access; the default port is
- Your database username
- Your database password
- A new database name